Sunday, January 22, 2012

What's Perfect?! End of Week 3 Weigh-in

Contender #1: Lazy Ass
Weight: ?? lbs (Dead Scale)
Last Week's Weight: 138lbs
Starting Weight: 150 lbs
Loss this week: ? lbs
Total Loss: 12 lbs
Goal: 125 (pounds to go: 15)



Contender #2:  Fatty
Weight: 158 lbs
Last Week's Weight: 161 lbs
Starting Weight: 170 lbs
Loss this week: 3 lbs
Total Loss: 12 lbs
Goal: 135 (pounds to go: 23)




I have to say I am so excited I passed my week goal to get below 160!  TAKE THAT WHALE-TWIN hah! Although the problem is I was thinking 160 was going to be my plateau number.  Oh how wrong I was.  158 is the new 160.  I hit 158 on Wednesday.  Thursday 158.  Friday 158. Saturday 158.  SUNDAY 158.  I'm really getting sick of seeing this number.  Its starting to feel like some creepy horror movie. I think my scale has a sick sense of humor.  I mean I would really even settle for 157.9 at this point just to get rid of this number that is in my nightmares now.  My goal for this final week of the cleanse is to get to 155.  I am really hoping I can make it and based on my weight loss of the last few weeks it is attainable.

So Lazy Ass just talked about how amazing I have been during this, and I am so flattered. However I am no where near perfect with this cleanse! I have had my moments where I have eaten things I know I shouldn't (can we have those crazy wave things and have a flash back moment to where I went on about how I JUSTIFIED the french fries because they were potatoes and olive oil?)  And I can guarantee today is going to be a serious cheat day.  Why? it's game day, I'm at a party and I only have so much self control.  However I will NOT be having gluten.  That is my big goal this year is to keep gluten out of my diet as long as possible.

During the classes we tool last year with a nutritionist along with our cleanse, we learned that the removal of most of these things during the cleanse is to partially find out if you are allergic or intolerant to them.  We were told if you find out you are not allergic or intolerant to lactose, that it is okay to have dairy next time you do the cleanse.  Last time I had NO issues when dairy was slowly added back into my diet.  This time I knew it would be okay to have some dairy, and that has been my main cheat.  Once a week I have had something with cheese.  Today will be my cheat day.  I will be making nachos and they will have cheese.  Everything else on them will be gluten free and go along with the cleanse.  It however does not go along with my 3 shake a day plan as I will be snacking on actual food all day.

I think one of the important things for both Lazy Ass and I is that we are not perfect.  No on is.  We are real people struggling every day with decisions and temptation.  Some days we will be great and will be able to say no.  Other days we might waiver and end up with eating something we know we shouldn't have.  But what this whole experience comes down to is we are learning.  We have a year long goal to be healthier.  This is only the first month. We both have 11 more to figure out how to work our goals into our life styles.  To think that we could be PERFECT from day one and never have any issues is insane! Learning to live with our temptation and giving in just enough so we can learn balance is what I am hoping we both can take out of this experience.  There will always be parties and cake. And sometimes I think its okay to have your cake and eat it too, in moderation.

This brings us to the last week of the cleanse.  However this is not the last week of our journey. This last week continues the goal of 3 shakes a day. On Saturday we are going to be heading to The Counter in Walnut Creek for our first victory lap.  It has been a long 3 weeks, and this last week will bring more challenges.  Come join us on Saturday for good food at affordable prices! 

No comments:

Post a Comment