Thursday, January 19, 2012

Missing: Lazy Ass

So Lazy Ass finally went out and got herself an iPhone.  Yep she has a reliable smart phone now (for those of you wondering she is coming off a long-term relationship with a series of crap-berries).  I was so excited! I thought this means that she would have more access to the site and blog a little more.  But just the opposite has happened now that she has it she is so preoccupied with taking Instagram pictures and sending videos and actually being able to send/receive text messages that she has forgotten all about the ability to blog.  So this post is to remind her to download the blogger app and get going!

On another note: the Bible has seriously gone missing.  So I guess we are winging it.  I remember there was something strange during these last few days but I think as long as we both stay on track for the most part we will be good! I also have not been making it to the gym as much as I had hoped, but I made a small change, I take the stairs as much as possible now. I NEVER took the stairs before.  One floor of stairs? Oh wait! Look! An elevator! SWEEEET.  Now even with baby in arm I do my best to take the stairs up and or down.  There are still moments where I do take an elevator but its little things that I think help. I am also working on getting into a sleep pattern again so I can get up earlier and get to the gym at 6am like I did last year.  For some reason I was way more dedicated doing it that early, or at least just getting out first thing in the morning for a run/walk.  I say this as it is starting to look like East Bay is going to get the first rain its had in months, but hey being cold is motivation to run faster. Seriously.

Further, I am starting to compile  a list of runs/races in the area that I am hoping to compete in.  They were great motivation for me to stay active and I hope they can continue that motivation this year. During the cleanse the exercise has not been so important to losing the weight, but after when I can add things like dairy back in I will need to find my balance between diet-exercise again.  For anyone reading this- Do you do any races in the Bay Area? I know of a few that I did last year but I am sure there are many other great ones out there!

Lastly, what I am most excited about is that I have not lost my willpower or motivation completely during this.  There was a moment when I realized I was not losing weight as quickly as I did last year that I started to fall back into my "What does it matter?!" Mind-set but I kept my mind on my goal and stuck with it. 9 days left on the cleanse and I'm going to finish it!

Oh and if you're looking to hang out next Saturday, I will be at the counter. Enjoying my first victory lap of the year withs one sweet potato fries and perhaps I might even be crazy and try out that gluten free bun.

No comments:

Post a Comment