Thursday, January 26, 2012

Chips-and-dip-aholic

Well I really did it....I went WAY off track last night.  Not completely off the diet/cleanse, but I way overate and I'm paying for it.

Let me set the scene for you, family dinner, birthday celebration, Mexican restaurant.  I love mexican.  I was nervous at first.  Last year when I did the cleanse I think I had way more self motivation.  If my family was going out to a restaurant last year, I would skip it unless it was on my approved restaurant list.  (There are really only like 2 in the area that I feel are okay to eat at during the cleanse.)  However last night I was weak.  It was Lazy's birthday and man I have been craving Mexican.

I had no idea what I could order...everything has dairy and I already had my dairy this week.  I have been trying to limit my dairy even though it was cleared for me to eat after the cleanse last year.  Looking over the menu I thought I found something safe- the taco salad, minus the sour cream.  I left the cheese on it as it is just a little bit sprinkled on the top.  Pinto beans, lettuce, chicken, tomatoes.  Not a bad meal to be honest.

However the chips were 100% corn.  You know what that means? GLUTEN FREE.  Chips are my downfall.  I'm a huge chips and dip girl.  I don't think you can really ever go wrong with chips and dip.  Some good restaurant corn chips with in house made salsa....the best of the chips and dip family.  I easily ate a basket of chips all by myself.  Then I demolished my salad.  It was like I had never seen food before. By the end of the meal I was SO STUFFED I thought I would literally explode.

Was it worth it? Normally I would say yes, I love food.  But this time I'm really disappointed with myself.  I had a goal to hit 155 before the end of this cleanse and I am not so sure it is going to happen now as I have gained some serious weight from my fun eating last night.  Hell it was really more like binge eating. Add that to the binge eating from Sunday's game and what has happened is I have really back tracked.  Why is my motivation so much different this year than last year?

To start to compensate for my Mexican downfall from last night I went out for a run this morning.  I started out with my brisk walk to warm up sent a quick text to lazy to let her know I was out being active.  (she always makes me feel so supported and excited to run.) And then I went to put on my carefully constructed playlist.....that apparently was no longer on my phone....along with all of my music which has magically disappeared since last night.  Except one album.  Glee's Christmas album.  Well.  Some music is better than none.  At least I thought it would be. There is just something about trying to run to Blue Christmas that just isn't right.  My pace was horrible, I was not pumped up.  In fact I just really wanted to get home, get under a blanket and start a fire in the fire place.  It was really not good music to run to.  I got two miles down at my standard 15/min/mile pace.  I did not burn near as many calories as I would have liked, but I am determined to at least get back to 158, if not 155 in the next few days.

Lazy mentioned continuing with the cleanse for another month.  Unfortunately you cannot take the pills and the PaleoCleanse for more than the 28 days, on the bright side you can do the cleanse ever few months.  So my goal will be to keep up with the diet (gluten free, sugar free, soy free etc) as long as possible now instead of just staying gluten free.  I need to make up some serious ground for last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment